Aquatic Science Kits
General Care Instructions:
Please click here for specific instructions and more information for tadpoles.
The process of adjusting the water in the bag to match the water in your new aquatic creature’s home.
- Wash and fill aquarium 3/4 full with room temperature water.
* Be careful not to use soap as any leftover residue could be harmful to your aquatic creature.
2. Treat water with water treatment solution. Add 2 or 3 drops of solution
to water, mix, and let sit for 30 minutes.
* Leave aquatic creature in UNOPENED bag in a dark cool area until ready to acclimate and release.
3. Float the unopened bag in the aquarium or tank water for 15-20 minutes.
4. Once the water temperatures are similar remove your aquatic creature from the bag and place it in the aquarium.
* DO NOT pour the shipping water in your aquarium or tank. It can have
a high ammonia level that can affect the water quality in your tank.
Wait 24 hours after receiving your aquatic creature to start feeding.
* Feed only a small pinch of flakes a couple of times a week.
* Boiled leafy green vegetables can be used to supplement diet.
* Do not overfeed as this will negatively affect the water quality.
Weekly partial water changes are recommended. Typically, 30-50% water change is suggested. Don’t forget to treat new water and slowly acclimate again.
For more information on Tadpoles please click here.
Please note: This item is a living being. We hope your aquatic creature lives a long, happy life! But there is always a chance its lifespan will end prematurely. Before you buy consider the possibility of disappointment about the lifespan. These are live animals and may not survive shipments in extreme heat or cold. We do package our shipments well, but please postpone your order if daytime temperatures in your area are below 45° or above 90°. DO NOT RELEASE AQUATIC CREATURES INTO THE WILD.
Shipping restrictions: Aquatic science kits can be received within 24 hours, so please do prepared to receive your kits before ordering. Addresses must be a street address (NO PO BOXES) in the continental US only. Always check any local or state restrictions before ordering. State Restrictions:
Bullfrog Tadpoles: AZ, PA, UT, WA
Trapdoor Snails: WI